Tuesday

what you don't see can't hurt you


Elle Mille's voyeuristic approach with her photography is something a creep like myself can really appreciate! As someone who has spent her "grown up" years (I use this term VERY loosely) inhabiting apartments with picturesque views of brick walls and/or views into my neighbors' windows exposing their entire floor plans, I am used to learning others' daily rituals just by opening my curtains. Kind of like Jimmy Stewart's view in Rear Window, but way closer in proximity and MUCH more awkward!



I have been told by a couple neighbors with an open view into my place, that I am VERY comfortable in my skin...



It's not so much comfort as it is my chosen option to live in oblivion slash denial when in the confines of my home. Almost as if I am on display without my knowledge :: I imagine my home as one of those interrogation rooms at the precinct with the single sided mirror :: they can see you but you cannot see them...




It saves me a lot of time, living in this state of denial, from insecurity and opening and closing the blinds every time I change/use the restroom/dance in my skivvies, etc.



However, it does make for some awkward conversations at the market downstairs....







No comments:

Post a Comment